call for the quote!
WEEKDAYS - $70/hr. 2-hour minimum.
WEEKENDS - $70/hr. 6-hour minimum.
These rates include myself as engineer and apply to the following studio services: Recording, Mixing, Mastering, and Transferring.
* Billable session time begins at exact time booked.
* Deposit of $100 per day is required for first time clients.
* Deposits are only refundable if the session is cancelled with at least 48 hours notice.
* Overtime (if available) is at the same hourly rate.
* Time is billed in 1/2 hour increments.
* Set up is charged at $50/hr.
* All payments must be made at conclusion of session.
* Recorded material will only be released upon full payment of completed session. Cash or check are acceptable forms of payment. If payment is made by check, Gary Sill Music will release the material to the artist when the check has cleared.
Plan The Session: budgeting your studio time and money
I suggest you meet with me before your session in order to plan your session time and prepare for your recordings. There is no charge for this.
If you tell me your goals and your budget, I'll outline your options and plan an appropriate session.
When we discuss your project, I will ask a lot of questions about your music so that I can help you plan your recording and help you get the best sound possible in the shortest time. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to recording. Some people want to capture a live feeling and some want a slick, studio-produced sound. Some people simply need an audition recording to get club gigs, others hope to release their album through a label. Every recording and every budget is a little different.
I won't promise you a radio-ready album for $400, but I'll tell you what you can realistically expect and we'll listen to samples of recordings done on your type of budget. Of course it's nice to hear examples of the most polished work to come out of a studio, but it's also important to hear things recorded and mixed in the style and budget level of the session you are planning.
Click here to see sample budgets